Information for Students
The ACE Mentor Program of Greater NY is a free after-school mentorship program to introduce high school students to careers in architecture, engineering, and construction management.
Students are mentored by professionals in the design and construction industry who meet as a team weekly during the school year after school; Teams meet from late October through May.
Registration is open for the 2022-23 season! Click here to register!.
Curious about the joining? Hear from current ACE GNY students about why they love ACE: click here for our playlist of short videos.
What will I do in ACE?
- Learn what it is like to work in the design and construction industry
- Participate in fun hands-on projects to learn A/C/E concepts
- Visit construction sites and professional offices of engineers, architects, and construction managers
- Meet students from other schools who share the same interests
- Use and learn industry software such as AutoCAD, Revit, and SketchUp
- Develop a mock-design project with your teammates and mentors
- Present your team project to leaders in the A/C/E industry, mentors, and peers
What are the benefits?
- Deep understanding of the design and construction industry
- Firsthand look at professional environment and office life
- Connections to alumni and professionals who will continue to provide support and networking during your college years and professional life
- Introduction to college programs, degree requirements, and keys to success
- Behind-the-scenes access to construction sites
- Opportunities for scholarships, internships, and post-college employment
- Excellent training in presentation and team building skills
How do I select an ACE GNY team?
All teams cover architecture, engineering, and construction management. Most students select a team based on what day of the week works best for them. Students can also look at our list of mentor firms if there is a particular company they want to be mentored by.
If you know what team you want to join when you register, you can let us know on the Team Request survey you receive upon registration.
If you do not know what team you want to join, join us on October 19 at the Remote Team Registration Fair to meet all the 2022-2023 ACE GNY Teams and decide which team you want to join!
Leading up to the fair, we will share a PDF of all available teams and their link for the Team Registration Fair. Make note of the teams you are interested in learning more about. On the day of the fair, the links will be live and you will be able to speak with mentors and learn about those teams. After the fair, we will send out a Google Form for you to select your team.
You will receive an email confirmation from us that you have been added to the team.
Questions? Email us at GreaterNY@acementor.org!
The Student Experience
One of the best parts of ACE is being surrounded by people that are in the field you are interested in! You can ask questions, build connections and have great support. I have always had an interest in architecture but being part of ACE for 3 years inspired me further and enabled me to see I can produce more than I realized. I feel more confident in my abilities as my experience at ACE provided me with sufficient knowledge to understand the role of an architect. ACE has really been a memorable experience and I’m glad I was able to participate.- Ellianys Betances (Team 2), Manhattan Bridges High School (Bronx, NY)