Information for Parents
The ACE Mentor Program of Greater NY is a free after-school mentorship program to introduce high school students to careers in architecture, engineering, and construction management. Students are mentored by professionals in the design and construction industry who meet as a team weekly during the school year after school; Teams meet from early November through May.
In addition to the week-to-week mentorship program, ACE GNY provides various personal and professional development workshops to assist students through their journey.
ACE GNY does not end at high school – ACE GNY Alumni continue to have access to their mentors and our staff during their college journey.
Examples of additional opportunities for high school mentees:
- College Fair with area colleges and universities that offer degree programs related to ACE;
- Portfolio Development and Reviews;
- Webinars on topics such as: Applying to Architecture School; Scholarship Writing; College Clubs related to ACE;
- Preparing for College events led by college-ACE GNY Alumni to give advice to graduating high school seniors before they head to college.
Examples of opportunities for ACE GNY Alumni:
- Ambassador Program to introduce incoming freshmen to upperclassmen at their college;
- Summer Internship Program exclusively for ACE GNY Alumni;
- Resume review and mock interviews;
- Opportunities to apply for scholarships
- Opportunities to mentor high school students